Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Happy All Saints Day

This weekend, we were supposed to go to NYC to commemorate the one-year anniversary of my Nana's death (26 Oct). But wouldn't you know it: Nikita develops a fever in the middle of the night Friday, so we didn't go.

The weather turned out to be horrible on Saturday - we actually had snow. And Igor was feeling bad for Nikita, so we went off to Toys R Us to buy Nikita some new toys. The best one by far was a 80-piece MegaBlock set, similar to Legos, but the pieces are much bigger and not as stiff. I'm not sure how much Nikita likes the set, but Igor certainly loves playing with it.

Work-wise, I can now comment on a student paper in 15 minutes, tops. This is a huge step for me. But I'm still behind. Yesterday, I was so wiped out from being in class all day (staying at work until 12.30 am the night before didn't help), and Nikita was being terrible at dinner, that I didn't work at all last night. Instead, I read more of In Cold Blood. Fantastic book so far!

Oh, and I got a birthday present in the mail: Modular Knits. Thank you, Ilana!