Sorry for slacking off. I completely forgot about my "What's currently in..." post because on the 5th, we were sleeping in after having been in the ER all night. Nikita had a horrible cough, high fever, and vomitted once, which made us think of pneumonia. The ER was packed, and we were there for about 7 hours. All he wanted to do was sleep, which he fortunately was able to do.
But Nikita is much better now - finished his antibiotics last night. He's going to miss it: everytime I gave some to him, he kept asking for more. It must taste good because I don't think I ever got so excited upon the word, "medicine".
And he's 22 months old today! Getting quite good at identifying items in pictures. He is also OBSESSED with turning off the stove, especially when the teapot goes off (or if there's no teapot), and opening and closing the microwave (whether or not it's heating).
I was going to take Nikita to a sample Kindermusic class today, but I'm completely swamped with work (12 papers + 16 revisions, 2 pages each by 9 am tomorrow) and I didn't want to have to wake him up from his afternoon nap. I'm definitely in my mid-term state: waking up at 5 am for no apparent reason. But off to work I go...