I don't know whether it's the bedrest, or the normal progression of this pregnancy, but if I go to bed before 12, I wake up in the middle of the night, and generally cannot fall asleep until 6 am. So, the time you see on this blog is correct. Whereas Igor checks financial indicators, I've been knitting or thinking of new projects to decrease my yarn stash. Here's the current list:
Whether or not I'm knitting, hanging out with Nikita is the best diversion of all. It helps that he can now hold full conversations - in Russian (the other day, he asked me why I spoke in English). I'm going to miss his progress in music class, but then again, I see his progress here. He currently spends most of his indoor time playing with his puzzles: either moving a 100-piece floor puzzle (piece by piece) from one part of the rug to another, or purposely making mistakes with his smaller puzzles (36- or 25-piece) so that he can get a reaction from me (he prompts me: Mama, say 'hey!'). He also may be growing out of his daytime nap, but that could be because Igor's been around all week; I'll know for sure when Igor goes back to work. Yesterday, Igor and I were trying to take a nap, but Nikita was going back and forth across the bed, piling up blankets and pillows to make a car (the alternative was sitting on my legs or Igor's stomach). All the while, he talked to himself - even made up a song. I felt like he was 5 years old. But the sweetest development is the nickname he recently came up for me: Mamushka.