Thursday, May 8, 2008

Nikita stories

It's been a while since I've written stories about Nikita, so I'm going to rectify that.

Nikita has been watching a lot of Russian war films lately, as Galina and Igor often rent DVDs. The exposure is definitely affecting his social development. A few weeks ago, Igor took Nikita to the playground. Nikita was really excited to see all the kids running around, but out of the blue, Nikita pointed to a kid, and yelled, "Listen to me! I will send you to Siberia, where -20 degress will be paradise!"

Thankfully, Nikita spoke in Russian, so the other child completely ignored him.

This past weekend, Nikita and I were watching "The Sound of Music", in particular, the scene where Maria and the children are traipsing around Salzburg. Nikita asked me why they weren't jumping out of airplanes. I told him the children weren't paratroopers, and he replied, "But, Mommy, they should be paratroopers."

Time to lay off the Russian war films?

Paper is probably the only thing that keeps Nikita busy (when he's not terrorizing Ivan). Nearly every day, I come home to find some new drawing attached to our lamps; his repertoire includes people and letters, on top of trains and trucks. He even appropriated an empty photo album, making a nice book, actually. And when he's not drawing, Nikita is busy assembling his "documents", such as taxes. Whenever Igor pays bills, he sometimes finds that the envelopes are covered with Nikita's writing or puffy Thomas the Tank Engine stickers.