I'm taking a short break from editing the 2-3 page introduction sections of my 50+ students. I've gone through about 34 so far, fueled by the music and food of the 1369 Coffeehouse. I gave Igor the phone number of the place in case he needed to call me (I don't have a cell phone).
I've been so busy preparing lectures and grading papers that I've barely knitted since I've started my job. If there weren't an MIT Stitch 'n' Bitch group that met every Thursday at lunch, I'd never knit. Still, I finally finished the layette (Dumb Baby Sweater, Stupid Baby Bonnet, and Suzanne's Booties) from Maggie Righetti's Knitting in Plain English. Gave it to my friend Elizabeth, whose baby shower was yesterday. Photos soon.
Nikita news: still not much talking. Only definite words are "mama" and "up". "Papa" is used for everything; "tikkun" (coming to a dictionary near you) conveys a general sense of contentment. Eating enough is still a problem, but at least he sits in his high chair and we have fun. He keeps wanting me to do "Itsy, Bitsy Spider", and I keep telling him that we only play that when he's done eating. Oh, and last week, I discovered that he likes my mung dal soup. Must bring back memories from when he was still inside of me.
MIT continues to amaze me. It is the only place I know where I get advice about where to buy a WiFi card from a food truck vendor.
As you can tell from this post, my brain is shot. Back to the papers...