Bed to read to Nikita: 20th Century Children's Book Treasury, In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak
Bedside table to read to Ivan: Italian Folk Tales, edited by Italo Calvino
Knitting needles: what are those?
Refrigerator for dinner: Chicken Fricasse, made last night thanks to Cook's Illustrated 1999
Three whole months since I've last posted! I guess it's true that two kids really take up your time, although problems with the Internet doesn't help either. Anyway, here's the photo I currently have on my desktop, taken about a month ago. I call it "Tummy Time":

Vanya will be 6 months old tomorrow - how time flies! He's really cool. He's still breastfeeding, although taking some solids (egg yolk and banana) which has made catching his poops challenging. He's accumulated a number of nicknames: Ivanopolis, Myakushik (myakus is the middle of a loaf of bread, which is really soft). I've even appropriated some new songs for him; "My Sharona" by Devo (?) has become "My Vanusha".
Nikita is still cool, and still loves his baby brother. Still obsessed with cars and trains (and using our couch as a garbage truck), but he also sings (loudly, and sometimes in tune), dances, and "reads" books about trucks (of course).
I've been back at work for about a month. Still love my job, but I have to get home early these days, e.g. by 4, to save Galina from my two boys. I know it's been a particularly rough day when I arrive home to find both of them awake.
But life is super busy. The only times I get to relax are when I eat breakfast in the morning (until Nikita wakes up and has me sit with him in bed), pump, or sit on the bus. I don't have it in my bag right now, but The Practical Cogitator helps keep my mind from disintegrating.