Started off the day in a foul mood because I slipped down some stairs (landing on my butt) in my rush to move the car to the other side of the street (street cleaning), and bumped my knee into a clothesrack as I prepared my meals for the day (do not ask why there is a clothesrack in our small kitchen). But I melted when Nikita cried for me to lie down with him a little more instead of going to work. My recent 4-day weekend really spoiled him, as if he isn't already spoiled.
I've been more tired with this pregnancy; Igor thinks it's because I'm working harder. I may be getting back my energy though (finally), because I made an Indian meal in the evening. Simple mung dal soup with Swiss chard, and spicy okra with ground almonds from my favorite Indian cookbook, Lord Krishna's Cuisine. Eating the dishes made from this book (along with basmati rice cooked with ghee, and homemade yogurt) makes me believe in reincarnation: I don't know any other dishes that restore me to such an extent, and I certainly never grew up with such spices!
Although the evening started out well, I was completely deflated by the end. I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone, unsuccessfully trying to secure flights to Hawaii for this January using our frequent flier miles. Igor loves getting new credit cards for the frequent flier miles, but I think that the whole program is a hoax. I felt mocked while I waited for an agent - "Now's the time to start planning your winter getaway!" Seems instead like we have to reserve the tickets at least 10 months in advance.