Thursday, October 5, 2006

What's currently in/on my...

Bookbag to read: Papers on Mendel and Avery; Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace (Constance Garnett translation)
Knitting needles: Nothing, but I have two projects for which I only have to make the final knots: my socks, and Nikita's sweater.
Radio: WERS, as usual. But recently, they're drastrically changed their format, mixing a number of genres throughout the day. At least they still have the Playground on the weekends.
Netflix queue (top 5): Earth, Water, Corpse Bride, Million Dollar Baby, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I've got Capote waiting to be seen at home.
Bedside table for Nikita's bedtime reading: Read-Aloud Rhymes for the Very Young by Jack Prelutsky; A Child's Book of Art by Lucy Micklethwait
Mind: The memory of waking up this morning, not to the sound of birds or trucks, but to the sound of Nikita sucking on his pacifier.