Nikita's gift? He fed me Oatios (like Cheerios, except organic and wheat-free) as I fed him. Just the latest distraction I've come up with to get him to eat. My mom says that out of her three kids, I was the toughest to feed. So, I guess I'm paying my dues. But at least Nikita doesn't spit up what I feed him (unlike me!).
No special plans today. I even ended up feeding Nikita all his meals AND cooking for the family. Lunch was one of Igor's favorite dishes: Chicken Paprikash from Cook's Illustrated. I just LOVE the chicken skin after browning. Crunchy, juicy, with salt & pepper. Threw in some Cousa squash because I had some on hand; they almost disintegrated.
Dinner was purely for me: mung dal with spinach, basmati rice, and sauteed brussels sprouts from Yamuna Devi's Lord Krishna's Cuisine (Igor is not fond of Indian food). I ate this at the end of a very long day, and as soon as I tasted the brussels sprouts - with its combination of cayenne pepper, ground coriander, and freshly ground nutmeg - all was right with the world. Indian comfort food. Is that possible for a Filipino-American? Again, my mom thinks I was an Indian in a past life (if such a thing exists).